Another Day in Paradise

Morning campers. 

Sun's shining. Bit chilly here though not cold enough for my lovely coat. Yes, I have a coat. Lots of lurchers do. We're delicate souls.

So, what's on your to do list today? Mine consists of the following activities listed below, well I say activity...you might say that but I couldn't possibly comment...

At the time of writing I'm still in bed. It's 8.15am. It's not my bed I'm in obviously, that's used sparingly because it's a very special place. I'm actually on the Lock Down's bed. Right in the middle. Perfect. I'll get up when the Lock Down goes in hunt of more coffee I imagine; if I can be bothered. Not sure if I'll get up yet as I've just chased a few imaginary rabbits and I need a rest.

When I do get downstairs I'll flop down on the carpet. Walking down stairs is exhausting. I can't run down them too often in case I hurt my elderly arthritic paws. (Sympathy please). Then I'll wait nicely for my breakfast. I have a stupid special bowl thing to stop me eating too fast. I hate it but I suppose I haven't been sick since they bought it. Breakfast is the same thing every blinking day. Boring but it keeps me well I suppose. 

Next I'll go outside to do the necessary.  On a lead in case I chase Fluffy the cat. I'll sniff a flower or two and then hop back in the house and onto the sofa. Snooze. Snooze. Snooze. I do get up every time the Lock Downs open the fridge door, a cupboard door or particularly the door to cupboard where my treats are just so you know. I'm not that lazy. You can't open the treat cupboard door quietly. I can wait patiently for hours by that door. Yesterday because the sun was shining I feel asleep on the carpet waiting. Needs must.

The rest of the day is repeat the above all day. Yes, all day. Apart from a stroll or two.

Since we are all in a physical distancing situation when the Lock Downs do take me out I can pretend to be a big and fierce dog because people cross the road to avoid me. It's hilarious! I am almost swaggering with the excitement. Almost, I know my limitations. Too cute to be fierce even if I say so myself. I'm not sure I can contain myself when people cross the road to avoid me so after that rather exhausting thought perhaps I'd better go and have a lie down. Aaand relax.

Tails from the Sofa is a part of what seems to be a national obsession with blogs, aka public service broadcasts, and everyone seems to think they're the next EL James (the Lock Down asks me to tell you she's never read any) or JK Rowling so I hope my small offerings (no pun intended) go a small way to make you wag your tail and smile. However, may I remind any dogs reading this that our preferred ways of communication, that is rear end sniffing and relieving ourselves on lamp posts, is still at the time of writing not covered by the 2m distance rule.

I'd love to find more doggy bloggers. They must be out there. Can't just be my Lock Down going slightly stir crazy. Yesterday she got excited because she had two loads of washing to do. Poor lamb. Wonder what she'll do today.

Now what time's me breakfast? All that sleeping is making me hungry.

Woof woof.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Day Is It?

Rain? No way!

Sunday, Sunday?